One of the bloggers I follow just posted this blog:
http://myblessedlife.net/2012/08/postpartum-recovery.html
And it is a great read, with (as far as I can tell) great advice. I have never been huge into homeopathic remedies simply because they are not FDA approved (and therefore not tested or mandated by the FDA). I have never tried any of the products listed in her blog - I can tell you I clicked on all the links and from the ingredients list they look promising.
Maybe I can con one of my sisters into trying them for me :)
But it's a great read on the difference in recovery after having a baby. No one talks about what it's like afterwards. Everyone talks about the birth, and then how great the little one is sleeping, etc. And the poor mom is forgotten!
Well, the first year sucks for the mom. Except for the baby part! But the hormones, everything is dripping, everything is sagging (including eyelids!) and hormones are all over the place. And your sleep deprived and caring for a helpless infant 24/7.
Couldn't pay me a million dollars to take it away, couldn't pay me a million dollars to do it again :)
But through talking about it, it can be much much easier.
I was lucky, having worked L&D before Addie was born, I knew all of the tips and tricks, and was feeling good pretty darn quickly. Now if someone had a magic trick to get the 30+ lbs that I gained with pregnancy to go away after 6 years... THAT is an article I would read!
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing, Bec!
Post a Comment