Friday, May 8, 2009

Ah... the joys of toddler-hood!

The last couple of days have been so much fun! I am back on Labor & Delivery (after my excursion to the respiratory department as an EKG tech to cover one of their tech's maternity leaves... and to pick up hours) and back to working 12 hour shifts... Thank God!

So now I am actually home in the evenings the majority of the time, and get to see my lil girly!!!

Last night we were watching TV (Grey's Anatomy of course... it was a good one!) and Addie would NOT go to bed. So she and I were sitting in the recliner, and Corey was lying down on the couch. Addie kept saying "Daddy sleeping" over and over, while we tried to watch our show :) I finally said "Yeah, Daddy's sleeping. Why aren't you sleeping?" And Addie says, clear as a bell, "I'm not sleepy!"

Corey and I both had a big laugh.

Today I didn't have class or work, and had the privilege of keeping Addie all to myself. And I'm sure her daycare provider didn't mind one bit that she got the day off! We (or at least Addie and her daddy) got up bright and early and had breakfast and watched cartoons. Then Addie & I were off to go garage sale-ing with friends.

After finding a nice tall (behind the toilet) medicine cabinet that HOPEFULLY!!! Addie will never be able to reach, and some summery clothes and shoes for Addie, we went out for lunch. I don't know if you've ever heard of it, but we have CiCi's Pizza -- it's an all you can eat buffet, and usually it's like $5.00 + drink, well, they have LOWERED their price, believe it or not! It's now $3.99!!! And kids are free. It was awesome.

Then we came home and napped... which was also awesome :) After naptime, we went out to the park, and swung and slid to Addie's heart's content! Dad (Corey) even met us at the park when he got off work.

And since mom got to do what she wanted to do (garage sale-ing), and Addie got to do what Addie wanted to do (park), we did what dad wanted to do (Nebraska Baseball Game!)

It was a gorgeous evening to go to the baseball game, and believe it or not Nebraska actually won! Not that poor Corey actually got to stay till the end of the game. It got pretty windy, and Addie got pretty fussy, and mom got tired.... So we headed home about 7:30pm to get Addie to bed.

It was a darn good day!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you were able to enjoy each other yesterday. Sounds like a really nice day! BTW, we have a Cici's right down the road from us. Yet another reason you guys really really REALLY need to come for a visit!!! The Atlanta Zoo and Georgia Aquarium are begging Addie to come enjoy! I have friends who have a family zoo pass for up to 4 kids but they only have 1...so Addie and Riley could go together (Riley's only a couple of months younger than Addie...).

Am I making a good case? Please come!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back on labor and delivery. I know you really missed it. Sorry I interrupted your garage sale-ing, or however you're supposed to write it. I still need to send Corey my student ID so he can go to the games for free...oooh! I'll try and give it to dad so he can take it up to you guys next weekend...anyways, Happy Mother's Day!