Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Addisen's 4th Birthday

Addie has been battling who knows what for the past 3+ weeks, and we even had to reschedule her birthday party from the previous weekend to the following weekend. But we decided to make the most of it!

Corey even hauled her birthday present into the house so she could "play" with it - even if she wasn't feeling up to going outside. She had fun getting in and out of her new power wheels, and playing with the radio. And by this afternoon it was warm enough and she was feeling up to taking a test drive!


Corey setting up the power wheels so Addie would find it in the morning.


Connie (Corey's mom) and Emma supervising


The next morning... I think she likes it :)






Smile!


Addie opening presents






After all of Addie's zany requests for weird pancake shapes, her Aunt Melissa found a pancake maker that you can make about any shape with! She wanted a circle pancake - so Corey made her a circle! And he also made her number 4 pancakes! How cool is that?



Corey making pancakes



Addie showing off her "Birthday Girl" shirt


Taking her new car for a test drive with dad


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute, too cute, too cute! But I mean, really, could I expect any less? haha. I'm so glad the pancake thingy works. Look at your little genius daughter requesting shapes and numbers. Take that teacher at the old school. :p

Addisen Nelson said...

Have I told you lately how much I LOVE you Liss!!! That is pretty much verbatim what I was thinking :) Addie has her 6 month follow up for her speech path eval coming up and I can't WAIT! Might just have to dig out Hopeland's e-mail when it's done. I still can't get over how much better she has been doing. With her being sick, I visited with her teacher about how she's been doing and she is doing GREAT! Being nice, sharing, and has been consistently participating in groups - everything they said she wasn't.

Sarah said...

Yay, Addie! What a big girl! I'm glad she was able to enjoy her birthday despite feeling under the weather. I love Melissa's comment and your response. Made me smile big time. :)