Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Uh-oh...

I was concerned when there was a note taped to Addie's locker at daycare today... Usually that's not a good sign!

But the note said that Addie hasn't fallen down on the floor during transition time at all this week! That has been a huge hurdle - Addie's coping mechanism when she doesn't want to do something has been to completely melt down. Well, they have really been working with her, and it's been a whole week since she had a melt down!

And at the bottom of the note it said: "Addisen has wanted to play with the girls in the room more these days, too. It is fun to see relationships developing."

This is HUGE!!! Addie lost the friendships at the in home daycare she went to for three years, and has really struggled to make friends since then. So it really warms my heart that they are starting to see friendships develop!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! That is so awesome, Bec! I am so glad that Addie is finally getting the love and support she deserves at school.

Sarah said...

Okay, so my heart's doing a little dance and I'm smiling ear to ear! I'm SO glad Addie's making such awesome progress! That's my GIRL!!! I'm proud of her and I'm so proud of you for finding a place for her to thrive and grow!!!