Monday, March 23, 2009

Updates...

Miss Addisen is growing and changing every day. She is getting to be a handful -- and a lot like her cousin Lindsay! It must be that firstborn child syndrome :) She loves to boss everyone around, and instead of asking for something she will grab your hand and pull you over to where she wants something. She is VERY fond of the word "NO!" and loves to use it repeatedly.

She has also gotten her mothers sense of humor, unfortunately for her father! She loves to head-butt Corey and then laugh if he says "oww".

She has had a lot of fun watching the Curious George DVD her Grandma Connie got her for her 2nd birthday, and now understands that the monkey doll her Aunt Jennifer & Aunt Melissa got her is "George" not just a monkey! She has had lots of fun with her Curious George doll -- especially sitting with him and watching the DVD, or putting him "Night, Night" -- she will lay him on her bed and spend 20 minutes putting various blankets over him. And then when she is done she yells "NIGHT NIGHT" and runs out of the room and slams the door. Good luck sleeping through that, George!!!

Corey & I have had a lot of fun watching her this stage in development -- she is always running around and exploring, getting into everything. She is very intrigued by our new spring project -- we have planted various plants for our garden and some flowers in little pots, and have them sitting in our kitchen. She loves to climb up on a chair and "help" water the plants. So far she has only managed to pull one out!

It reminds me of my childhood, and planting various things with my Grandpa Pester, and my parents always had a large garden. And Corey & I are both excited to sample the fruits of our labor -- but I think we probably still have a couple months to wait!

Corey has been busy busy busy between work and taking care of Addie. Between my work schedule and class schedule, I usually leave the house around 8am and am home between 11pm and 11:30pm -- so Corey is usually responsible for getting Addie to and from daycare, and watching her in the evenings.

He has been busy trying to catch some beaver's out of town, so it is a long drive every morning to check the beaver traps! He and his boss went out to check them on Sunday and they had caught a goose in one of their leg traps! Corey said there were racoon prints all around the poor goose, but it was still alive! The racoons must have been trying for an easy meal, but didn't suceed!

Not much new with me -- I have crosstrained to do EKG's to pick up some extra hours, and to cover the maternity leave of one of the EKG tech's. So I am working evenings doing that through the end of April. I finally finished my Chemistry class, and am starting Microbiology next Monday. That class will go through the first part of June, and then I'm DONE with all of my pre-requisites for the RN program. Then I have the privilidge of sitting on the waiting list till they have room for me -- they tell me it can be up to a year, but average is 3-6 months (and I have NO problem taking the summer off!)

I'm just going to be taking classes part-time, so when I do get to enter the program, I still have a year left. But I'm sure it will go quickly! It will be nice to be FINALLY done and out of school for more than a year. By then it will be Addie's turn!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I just love reading your posts and "catching up" with you guys. Glad to hear that all is well, and of course busy =) See you all at Easter!

Anonymous said...

yay! more stories to brag about addie!!! I swear she is the smartest, most beautiful little girl ever!

on a completely different note, poor goose!!